The Calhoun County Road Department is accepting applications for a full time mechanic. Applicants must maintain a valid MI Driver’s License, CDL Class B with Air Brakes and DOT Physical Card. High school diploma or equivalent, specialized or technical training, and 3-5 years mechanic experience required. Experience in maintaining and repairing road operation vehicles, State of Michigan Master Auto/Truck Certification preferred.
Qualified applicants must possess the ability to:
- Repair diesel and gas engines including automobiles, trucks, lawn equipment, loaders, agricultural equipment, and chainsaws.
- Repair major power train components such as transmissions, differentials, transfer cases, clutches, and drive shafts.
- Understand electrical charts and diagrams to install and/or repair 12 and 24 volt electrical systems.
- Repair major hydraulic components on large equipment.
- Diagnose causes of malfunctions and perform necessary repairs.
- Abide by all MIOSHA and Calhoun County Road Department safety rules and regulations.
- To download the application for employment, click here.
- To view a more detailed job description, click here.
Completed applications may be submitted by email, fax, or mail until the position is filled:
Mary Jo Crumpton
Calhoun County Road Department
13300 15 Mile Road
Marshall MI 49068
269/781-9841, x236 or 1-800-781-5512 – P
269/781-6101 – F